This post is all about Milos, Greece. Where to stay, what to eat, how to get around, and what to see! I hope this is helpful to anyone who plans on visiting!
HOW TO GET AROUND
- How to get to Milos: The easiest way to get to Milos is by boat. If you’re coming from another Greek Island or the mainland, the ferry terminals are easy to navigate and tickets can be purchased online. It’s much more relaxing than having to deal with airports (in my opinion)!
- How to get around Milos: Two ways I’d recommend getting around the island (because it is large enough that you’ll want an alternative to walking) would be by rental car or ATV. I visited in April so it was a little chilly and windy. We decided to rent a car for those reasons but I know a lot of people rent ATVs in the summertime. If you’re staying at a hotel, they can help you rent a car.
- How to get from port to your hotel: Local taxis can take you from port to your hotel. You might want to arrange a pickup through your hotel ahead of time. There are also local buses you can take. See bus schedule here.
WHERE TO STAY
Here are a few great options for places to stay on Milos. These are not the cheapest options, but nicer hotels for your island getaway!
- Nefeli Sunset Studios –This is where I stayed during my trip. The room was very spacious and we had our own private balcony with a gorgeous view. I’d highly recommend staying here.
Here are some other highly rated accommodations on the island.
WHAT TO EAT
We had really great food during our visit in Milos! Since our hotel was in Pollonia, these recommendations are also located there.
- Rifaki Restaurant
- Gialos Restaurant
- The Deck (above the Vanilla Gold shop)- AMAZING NUTELLA PANCAKES
WHAT TO DO
- Visit the beaches. My favorites are Sarakiniko and Parafragas. See my blog post about these beaches here.
- See the island by boat
- Explore the local churches
- Visit historic sites and lookout spots in the Plaka district
- Visit the local villages
I hope you enjoyed this guide to Milos! Safe travels, until next time.