Exploring a new city is always exciting and if you’re like me, it’s fun to hunt for the best spots to snap photos. During my short visit to Athens, I created a list of some great spots to go for photography. Many of these locations also have historical significance, so it’s a two-for-one!
- For great views of the Acropolis
- I used my drone to capture a few of these photos… (not sure how legal that was but it was far enough away from tourists).
2. Panathenaic Stadium Athens
- A great place to visit because of the Olympic history
- We went to the very top row to get a view of the whole stadium
- Ticket required for entry
3. Plaka Neighborhood
- For great street photos and food, Plaka is the place to go.
4. A for Athens Bar & Resturant, Rooftop
- We didn’t make it here, but it’s located right in Plaka and has incredible views of the Acropolis. Head up to the rooftop bar for the best views.
Photo from: https://aforathens.com
5. View from Mount Lycabettus
- Hike to the top of Mount Lycabettus for incredible views of the entire city of Athens and the Acropolis.
Photo from: https://www.flickr.com/photos/nabilishes/4615993536
If you’ve been to Athens and found a great photo spot, comment below!