Welcome to Blenheim Palace, the birthplace of Winston Churchill. This gorgeous palace is located in Woodstock, England and was built between 1705 and 1722. The primary residents of this property were the Dukes of Marlborough. Blenheim was named a UNESCO World Heritage Site in 1987 and draws hundreds of tourists daily.
- The palace has a great audio guide that I’d recommend following as you tour the inside of the palace. You should also plan time into your day to explore the gardens and perhaps stay for an event. The tickets are around £25. You can purchase tickets in advance here.
- There are a lot of amazing events that Blenheim puts on. When we visited, there was a jousting tournament which was quite entertaining! You can view their event schedule here.
WHAT TO DO
- Tour the inside of the palace with the audio guide.
- Walk around the exterior of the building and take in the beauty.
- Pack a picnic lunch and enjoy the grand lawns.
- Explore the gardens. These photos were taken in the Secret Garden.
Here is a map of Blenheim. Can you find the Secret Garden? Hint: it’s near the Exedra and is not labeled…
Have you been to Blenheim? It’s so beautiful. Thanks for reading!